ReCon Block Configurations for Channel Walls
ReCon’s big block channel retaining wall system provides an attractive option for lining creeks, streams, drainage channels, and canals. Important features include:
- A block that is manufactured from wet cast air entrained concrete for the long term durability required in harsh water applications!
- An 8” setback between each 16” tall block, creating a batter of 26.6 degrees!
- Increase channel volume with a setback that often coincides with the natural angle of repose of an existing channel or one that is being widened.
- Provide a means of exit from the bottom of the channel, should an individual fall into the channel.
- An ability to utilize the ReCon Retaining Wall Block (with standard batter of 3.6 degrees) in combination with the ReCon Channel Wall Block to create an effective wall batter of 9˚, 13˚, or 18˚!
- Multiple depth blocks (24”, 39”, 45”, 60”, 66”, 72”, 78” and 84”) to achieve very tall gravity retaining walls when excavation for the placement of geogrids is not feasible.
- The ease of construction, associated with big block machine set installation.